Monday, March 15, 2010

ALEX'S FAMILY TEMPLE DAY











March 6, 2010 turned out to be one of the most wonderful days we have had in a long time. Rae and Scott invited us to spend the day at the temple with them, Alex and Rae's parents, Collene and Frank. They requested that I bring some of our family names. When I checked to see how many I had I couldn't believe how few I had. With the "New Family Search" that the church introduced last year I have been double checking the names and finding that most of them have already been done. I was frustrated knowing that we would all be in the temple and wanting family names. Karl had bought a new desk to put in the front bedroom and I went to work getting the spring cleaning done on the room. As I was cleaning I came across a family history book that I had bought at a family reunion some years ago and I spyed the family history sheets within. I entered them in New Family Search and ended up with 183 family members that were in need of work.

The day started with Karl and I about 11 am as we prepared some names. We met the rest at 1:30 pm. There was Scott, Rae, her parents, Joe and Kami, Aunt Lynda and Aunt Susan, and of course Alex. We spent the next four hours there doing the work for our kindred dead. At 4:30 pm we met Karlee, Erin, Joshua, Collin and Lukas out in front of the temple.


Everyone was starving so we headed to Texas Road House for dinner. At that point our day couldn't have gotten much better but it did. We wnet back to the temple where the kids did baptisms. We finally left the temple for the sencond time at 9 pm. WHAT AN AWESOME DAY IT WAS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment